How you can help us
We are a non-profit organisation with limited funds and in order to be able to provide our free service to local people who need our help we are reliant on donations from individuals and organisations.
We really appreciate regular giving as it helps us plan ahead – it’s easy to set up a direct debit for even a small monthly amount and with gift aid it is worth even more to us.
If you have time to spare, then please help at our fundraising events, volunteer to support our centre with education, admin or event planning. Or you can train to present at our Education programme or to be an advisor at our centre.
How you can support us:
- Make a regular donation – this can be as little as £3 a month – to support our work. Contact us for a gift aid form 01780 765853 or download here: Alternatives gift aid form Jun 2013 final and send to Steve Marsh, Alternatives Stamford, Ryhall Road PE9 1YA
- Organise a fundraising event
- Donate children’s clothes, equipment, baby furniture or toys. Please contact us for more information
- Become a centre volunteer to support with education, administration or event planning
- Train to be an advisor at the centre
- Become a presenter for our Education Programme
- Sign up to ‘give as you live’ for Alternatives Stamford so that every time you shop on-line you are raising much needed funds for us – it really is as simple as that!
The work taking place at Alternatives Stamford is funded entirely by donations. This covers the running costs of the centre and resources for both the education program and the Alternatives’ advisors.
Clothes and Equipment
Alternatives Stamford has a library of equipment such as cots, prams, clothing and toys to help any parents that might be financially struggling. Our clothes and shoes range from 0-5 years. Please drop in on either a Monday or Thursday to borrow items needed. If you wish to donate any equipment, please go to our Contact Us page. This service is very helpful to parents and the demand is high, so we are always very grateful for any clean, good quality donations.